This collection of cozy, hearty Vegetarian Soup Recipes highlights the best of seasonal produce—a beautiful way to celebrate and embrace each season. Includes many vegan soup recipes; most are vegan-adaptable. Be sure to scroll to the end to see how to make the most flavorful Vegetable Broth! Video.
What is more comforting than a warming bowl of soup when the weather cools down? Whether you pull out your Dutch oven, slow cooker, or Instant Pot, there is something deeply satisfying about cooking up a batch of soup. It just feels good. And soup is SO good for our bodies! Packed with nutrients, these nourishing soups are hydrating, light, restorative and healing.
Our Favorite Vegetarian Soup Recipes
Most of our vegetarian soups (and vegan soup recipes) are made with fresh seasonal produce while some utilize simple pantry ingredients – perfect for busy nights. While you can always use store-bought veggie broth, we encourage you to try your own homemade vegetable broth for optimal flavor at least once when time allows!
This creamy vegan Chickpea Soup recipe is like sunshine in a bowl. Made with veggies and rice in a golden turmeric coconut milk broth. It’s a cheery soup for cozy winter days. Gluten-free.
Homemade Peanut Butter Ramen! A rich, flavorful peanut butter ramen broth topped with deliciously crispy Korean gochujang tofu. Vegan, Gluten-free adaptable.
Our favorite recipe for Homemade Tomato Soup can be made with fresh or canned tomatoes in under 30 minutes. Creamy, easy and Vegan-adaptable! Serve it up with a grilled cheese sandwich or on its own.
Moroccan Lentil and Chickpea Soup (aka Harira) is hearty, full of protein and loaded with nutrients. Warming, fragrant Morrocan spices make this healthy one-pot meal deeply flavorful! Finish the dish with lemon and parsley, and dinner is ready! Vegan and Gluten-Free adaptable.
This recipe for Mediterranean Split Pea Soup is healthy and satisfying. Simple, clean ingredients create a hearty soup that tastes even better the next day; fresh parsley adds lovely brightness. Vegan and gluten-free.
Heart-warming Poblano Corn Chowder is creamy, vegan ( dairy-free) and full of fall flavor. Corn, potatoes, and poblano peppers with Mexican spices, in a creamy vegan base. Easy to make and deliciously addicting.
A fast and easy weeknight meal that is loaded up with lots of healthy broccoli! This delicious soup is vegan, keto and gluten-free- and can be made in 30 minutes!
This recipe for Mushroom Lentil Stew with Fennel and Sage is earthy, hearty and richly spiced. Delicious and vegan!
A simple, vibrant & healthy vegetarian soup, just bursting with flavor! Vegan Adaptable! If you make one soup this week- let it be this! Seriously- a simple delicious vegetarian soup recipe!
Instant Pot Mulligatawny Soup (Curried Lentil Soup)
Instant Pot Mulligatawny Soup is so creamy and richly satisfying with bright and spicy flavors. This vegan adaptable version is delicious as is or can easily be built upon adding chicken, more veggies and rice. An easy and fast weeknight meal!
This simple vegan soup recipe is easy to make and loaded with healthy nutrients- a great way to use up all those farmer’s market veggies! Great for Sunday meal prep! Make your own vegetable broth if you like!
Here’s a simple, hearty Smoky Tomato White Bean Soup you can make in your Instant Pot or on the stovetop using dry beans. Smoked paprika and optional Harissa paste give it a delicious flavor that will have you coming back for seconds. Low in calories, high in fiber, this soup is vegan and gluten-free.
Bursting with flavor, this Vegan Pozole with black beans and hominy is richly spiced with deep complex flavors. Quick and easy to make!
This Curried Split Pea Soup is a fresh take on the traditional. Creamy and delicious, enhanced with yellow curry, coconut milk and fresh peas.
A simple healthy soup recipe that can be made on the stovetop or roasted in the oven. Vegan-Adaptable.
This Tuscan Bean Soup called Ribollita originates from the hilltop villages of Italy. Traditionally, it’s made with simple garden vegetables like onions, carrots, celery, kale, tomatoes, simmered with cannellini beans (or white beans) in a flavorful vegetable broth infused with a parmesan cheese rind. This vegetarian soup is also vegan-adaptable!
This Cauliflower soup recipe is made with coconut milk (not cream!) Indian spices, ginger and lime. Simple and easy to make, this creamy vegan soup can be made in an Instant Pot or on the stovetop! Healthy and delicious!
This hearty vegan soup is made with simple ingredients, probably things you already have in your pantry, and it is easy to make and full of delicious flavor! Make this in an Instant Pot or stovetop.
Seasoned with ginger and mint, it is a fast and easy vegan-adaptable soup that is healthy and flavorful, and a great way to use up extra zucchini in the garden! Infused with curry powder, and fresh herbs, you’ll love this!
A healing bowl of Celery Soup– comforting, affordable and flavorful, that can be made in 35 minutes. A healthy, delicious vegetarian soup recipe that is vegan-adaptable! One of my personal favorites!
This Roasted Butternut Soup with Sage is one of my favorites and it’s full of flavor while being vegan and gluten-free. A cozy vegan soup, perfect for fall nights.
This hearty North African-inspired soup with Chickpeas, Carrots ( and their tops), turmeric, flavorful harissa and optional Yogurt drizzle.
This flavorful Cuban-inspired black bean soup can be made in an Instant Pot with Dry Beans! Simple, easy and surprisingly full of flavor!
A simple Potato Leek Soup that is cozy, vegetarian, healthy and light, perfect for fall! Simmer the leeks and potatoes in a flavorful broth, then use an immersion blender right in the pot. Dinner is ready.
Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup with mushrooms and spinach- a healthy vegetarian soup recipe that is easy, fast and vegan adaptable!
This Asian-style, Soba noodle Soup with Shiitake mushrooms, snow peas and tofu. A hearty delicious brothy soup full of healthy veggies and nutrients. Vegan and GF adaptable!
Creamy Mushroom Soup with Rosemary and Garlic Garlic Chips – a delicious easy recipe that is Keto friendly and perfect for special gatherings or simple enough for weeknight dinners! Serve this with crusty bread for a simple hearty meal!
Cozy up with a bowl of this Coconut Corn Chowder with Leeks– a simple, comforting meal that can be made in under 30 minutes. Vegan and Gluten-free!
Simple clean ingredients full of comforting flavors, this Cabbage Soup is healthy, satisfying and easy to make. Perfect for busy weekdays and leftovers are delicious! Vegan.
A simple delicious recipe for Borscht– a healthy, beet and cabbage soup that can be made in an Instant Pot or on the stovetop. Warming and nourishing, Borscht is full of flavor and nutrients! A healthy, delicious vegetarian soup idea!
Here’s a flavorful recipe for Vegan Ramen with a rich Shiitake Broth. It’s loaded up with healthy veggies, and deeply flavorful… and vegan adaptable.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Thyme and Sharp Cheddar is easy to love. Simple to make and Vegan adaptable! (see recipe notes)
Brothy Tortellini Soup with Spinach, Basil & White beans– a mouthwatering vegetarian soup that can be made in 25 minutes! #vegetarian #vegetariansoup #whitebeansoup #spinachsoup #tortellini #tortellinisoup
A simple delicious recipe for Thai Broccoli Soup with Coconut – bursting with authentic Thai flavors. Make from scratch in 40 mins! A healthy, delicious vegan soup that is gluten-free adaptable!
This adaptable Mexican Noodle Soup can be made with chicken or Chickpeas! The vegetarian version is my favorite! Topped with avocado, cilantro and Lime, its full of flavor and comes together easily!
This Quick Vegan Chili – is loaded up with healthy veggies and beans, a deep and complex recipe that will even convert meat-eaters! Make a big batch on Sunday, then serve it during the busy work week!
Meatless, Minestrone Soup with pasta and beans– that can be made on the stovetop or in and Instant Pot! A fast and healthy weeknight dinner that can be made in under 30 minutes. Cozy and comforting, this delicious hearty stew is vegan ( or add cheese) and gluten-free adaptable!
Golden Carrot Turmeric Soup with Coconut Milk is light, luscious, earthy and flavorful. This fall soup contains fresh turmeric root – giving it a hint of the exotic. A healthy, delicious vegetarian soup that is vegan adaptable!
Make Life Simple Instant Pot Lentil Soup- vegan, gluten free and infused with Middle Eastern Spices!
Hope you enjoy this selection of Vegetarian Soup Recipes! Please let us know any favorites below!
Vegetable Stock Recipe Video
More Collections You’ll Love!
A collection of cozy, hearty Vegetarian Soup Recipes for chilly nights. Many are vegan-adaptable! Here’s our Celery Soup Recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 fat garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 6 cups celery, sliced thin (about 1 1/4-1 1/2 pounds) 1 extra-large head, save some leaves for garnish
- 2 cups potatoes, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds ( about 3/4 lb – 1 extra-large russet peeled, or use a few yukons, unpeeled.
- 4 cups veggie or chicken broth ( or 4 cups water + 1 tablespoon “Better than Bouillon” Vegetable Base)
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf (optional), remove it before blending
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, start conservatively, add more to taste or leave it out entirely.
- Heat the oil in a big pot over medium-high heat and add the onion, stirring occasionally, letting the onions get golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the celery, potatoes, broth, water, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and cayenne. The liquid should just cover the veggies ( if not, add a little more water). Cover, bring to a rolling boil, turn heat down and simmer gently until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Turn heat off, remove bay leaf and add the fresh herbs and just wilt them (don’t cook herbs or you lose the vibrant color!)
- Using an immersion blender blend until very silky smooth – OR if using a regular blender, let cool before blending in smaller batches. ( If blending warm soup, fill blender no more than halfway full, cover tightly with a lid and kitchen towel, holding it down firmly, when you start the motor (on the lowest setting, working up gradually) to prevent a blender “explosion”).
- Blend well, a full minute, until herbs are fully blended, creating a vibrant colored soup. For extra “green” color, add a handful of raw baby spinach if you like, or more fresh parsley.
- Place it back in the same pot over low heat. Stir in your choice of sour cream, or any of the other options. Gently heat, careful to not over-simmer, or you may lose the lovely vibrant color.
- To make the crispy celery leaves, heat a generous amount of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Wait until the oil is hot. Fry a “tester” celery leaf for 10-20 seconds on each side. Set on a paper towel. If it is crisp, continue on. Adding a few at a time, not overly crowding. If not crisp, fry them a little longer. You want about 3-5 leaves per serving bowl. In the same oil, you could fry the nigella seeds until you just begin to hear popping. Turn heat off. Arrange the crispy celery leaves in a crescent shape. Spoon a little of the nigella seeds along with a little oil in the same shape. Sprinkle with hemp seeds if you like.
See Simple Celery Soup for detailed photos!
If using cashew cream, adding a little splash of lemon juice, enlivens the soup. Sour cream and yogurt have a natural tanginess, so you may not need it.
A quick way to make this vegan version ( with cashew cream), is toss the ½ cup of cashews into the simmering pot at the beginning with the celery and potatoes, letting them soften. Then just blend it all up!
Slicing the celery thinly will prevent fibers texture.
If freezing, best to freeze without the sour cream, as it may get granular- then add it later when reheating.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups made with ½ cup sour cream
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 5.2 g
- Sodium: 478.2 mg
- Fat: 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 8.1 mg
Keywords: vegetarian soup ideas, vegetarian soup recipes, vegan soups, vegetarian soups, vegan soup ideas, vegan soup recipes