I love the flavor of buffalo sauce, so I knew I had to incorporate this into my Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli Power Bowls recipe.
I wanted that yummy, spicy flavor I crave while keeping it low carb and better for you than the traditional deep fried buffalo chicken wings.
If you’re a sucker for buffalo sauce flavor like I am, definitely try this yummy low carb Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli dish!
If you have kids at home and they love a little spicy, this will be an easy dinner to make them.
Otherwise, this would be perfect for lunch, too!
This dish is based on a recipe I have in my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Meal Plan called Eat to Achieve.
I’ve made a few minor tweaks to this since I last created it – mainly for aesthetics since I’m a sucker for a beautiful plated dish!
Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli Ingredients
This recipe uses very simple ingredients and very easy to make. Here are a few key ingredients:
Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli for the 17 Day Diet
If you’re eating low carb on the 17 Day Diet, you can definitely enjoy this buffalo chicken and broccoli recipe on all cycles!
This recipe calls for cauliflower rice.
However, if your’e on Cycle 2 or 3 and want to incorporate carbs into your lunch before 2pm, consider using white rice (such as basmati) or brown rice.
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed when, make sure you check out my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List for all the info!
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Can I have Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli on the Kickstart Diet?
Yes, you can definitely have this low carb buffalo chicken and broccoli bowl while on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet.
You can have this dish starting on the 3-Day Scrub Phase.
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed during each phase, make sure you take a look at my 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
Keto Buffalo Chicken
If you’re on the Keto Diet, this dish can be eaten as is. Depending on your macros, you may want to use a dark chicken meat.
Need to increase your fat intake for the day? Add a pad of butter to the sauce rather than oil. It will give you that rich, buttery flavor that we love with wings!
Remember, cauliflower rice is your best low carb friend in a power bowl!
Healthy Chicken and Broccoli Recipes for Weight Loss
Love chicken and broccoli together? If so, check out these other amazing dishes:
Did you make this Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli Power Bowls recipe? If so, make sure you come back to review the recipe card below. If you’re on social, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your power bowl.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 12 oz bag of broccoli florets (or 4 cups florets), cooked to your liking
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
For riced cauliflower:
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower (or small bag of riced cauliflower)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Remove all greens from cauliflower and cut into sections, large enough to handle or small enough for your food processor.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the cauliflower sections.
- Either grate the cauliflower using a box grater or pulse using a food processor to make rice-sized pieces. Set aside in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil on medium high heat. Add chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken on both sides for about 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Next, mix remaining 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil and hot sauce until well combined. Pour hot sauce mixture over chicken and toss until combined. Keep the skillet on low and allow flavors to marry.
- Next, finish cooking riced cauliflower. In a separate large pan heat 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil over medium high heat.
- Once the pan is very hot, add riced cauliflower and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 3 minutes.
- To prepare your power bowl, add cauliflower rice to bowls, top with buffalo chicken and cooked broccoli florets.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, green onion, or cilantro (optional).
Note about broccoli: If you prefer your broccoli to be covered with buffalo sauce, add cooked broccoli to chicken along with sauce and toss gently until fully coated in step 6 above. Allow flavors to marry.
17 Day Diet – all cycles
17 Day Kickstart Diet – all phases
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)