CSP-FL Summer 2024 Pro Experience Registration is Now Open!
Written on January 2, 2024 at 5:31 am, by Eric Cressey
Cressey Sports Peformance – Florida is home to hundreds of pro baseball players from all over the world, at all different levels of play throughout the off-season. They move to FL to train and develop with our awesome team of coaches that collaborates to create the synergy players need to thrive. We’re able to individualize the experience from start to finish, as we feel that is what makes athletes successful. Whether we’re working with a first-year minor leaguer or one of our Cy Young Award winners, the right “mix” is slightly different for everyone. It is this detailed individualization – along with our world-class facilities, coaches, and services – that we bring to our summer program, The CSP Pro Experience.
Here’s what this 10-week (6/3/23 – 8/10/23) program entails:
- 2 Movement Assessments (1 entrance and 1 exit)
- 2 Proteus Power Tests (1 entrance and 1 exit) and accompanying reports for targeted force-velocity profiling for rotational athletes
- 10 weeks of Individualized Strength & Conditioning Programs ALWAYS monitored by our team of coaches
- 3 Nutrition Meetings, alongside regular nutritional checkins/guidance
- 10 Manual Therapy Session (once per week)
- 3 Pitching Meetings (1 entrance, 1 halfway check-up, 1 exit), featuring Video Analysis, Mechanical Breakdown, and Data Analysis (if available)
- 2 Theia Markerless Motion Capture Sessions and Associated Reports (detailed below)
- 10 weeks of Individualized Throwing Programs Including:
- Detailed warmups, weighted ball programs, & throwing progression ALWAYS monitored by our coaching staff
- Rapsodo (with reports)
- Trackman (with reports)
- Edgertronic high-speed camera (with reports)
- All bullpens will take place on dirt mounds in cleats with supervision from our coaches – and applicable technology present.
- Pitchers who need to get innings as part of their overall developmental plan can easily throw against live hitters on the showcase field adjacent to our facility.
Athletes participating in this program will begin and end by throwing a bullpen on Theia, our biomechanical markerless motion capture system. Our system records the athlete using an 8-camera setup. The cameras give us the ability to upload the data collected and produce a 3-dimensional visual model of their bullpen session. Using the markerless motion capture system, we will be able to provide a service to athletes at arguably the best quality/accuracy in the country in a real life, on-field environment. That model will explain, in detail, what the athlete is doing on the mound with respect to biomechanics, and provide a number of visual tools that will help us better understand the pitcher’s delivery. We will use this to put together a report outlining what they do, how they do it, why they do it, and – most importantly – coaching interventions.
We will be capping this program to ensure exclusivity and to make sure each athlete gets the time and coaching they deserve. This program will sell out quickly, so delaying enrollment may restrict your ability to gain access. You can learn more by reaching out to CSPFlorida@gmail.com.