Maria Sollon, MS, CSCS, PES
Welcome to Part-3 of the Heartfelt Holiday Series, where the magic of the holidays meets the peace of Pilates to create a haven of calm within the chaos. In the midst of the holiday hustle, the best gift you could give yourself is the the gift of movement. It’s an opportunity to mindfully move with intention while developing your inner peace.
Let’s dive into a Pilates session that promises not just a workout but a blissful escape, making your Total Gym a gateway to holiday serenity.
HEARTFELT SERIES OVERVIEW
If you’re just tuning in now, this is Part-3 of a holiday series- PEACE-ful Pilates. Refer to part-1 to connect to the strength of your LOVE and part-2 to ignite your JOY.
The workouts in this mindful movement series include:
WORKOUT #3: PEACE-ful Pilates
Pilates meets peace in this workout! A Pilates session is a great solution to find your inner peace through controlled and purposeful movements on your Total Gym. This workout is designed to bring serenity, tranquility, and peace to your body.
Intention: Focus on the word PEACE.
Set Up: Medium level | Toe Bar
• Determine in your body, what brings you PEACE and tranquility. Make this your intention for the workout.
• Perform each exercise slowly with control in a flowing format (move through all the exercises consecutively with no rest in between)
• Aim for 10-15 reps / exercise, one set
• Move with intention by initiating the exercises with core control, proper spinal alignment, and utilize your breath (inhale to prepare, exhale to execute the movement)
• If you are new to Pilates, start slowly by learning each exercise on your Total Gym. Once you feel confident with the movement, focus on performing the exercises with proper alignment, activate your core, and fully inhale/ exhale through each exercise. Pilates is a practice for everyBODY that gets better with time.
P: Pilates Footwork
E: Extended Bridge
A: Abduction + Addiction (adductor squeeze)
C: Core Work
E: Elongated Plank
Pilates Footwork (P)
• Visualize: Begin with the foundation – Pilates Footwork. Feel the connection between your feet and the toe bar, grounding yourself in the present moment. It’s a mindful start to a movement session designed for experiencing peace within.
Extended Bridge (E)
• Visualize: Elevate your spirit as your spine flows through different ranges of motion while utilizing the power of your core and breath. As your hips articulate into a bridge, envision yourself rising above the holiday chaos to find strength in the simplicity of the present.
Abduction + Adduction (A)
• Visualize: The hips tend to be an area of the body where tension and stress arise. Performing hip movements in different ranges of motion allows your body to release, strengthen, and move in a rhythmic flow that invites calmness into your practice.
Core Work (C)
• Visualize: Center yourself with core work that goes beyond physical strength. It’s a meditation in motion, a journey inward as you engage your core with purpose.
Elongated Plank (E)
• Visualize: Conclude with a full body exercise that strengthens and lengthens your body like a tinsel, symbolizing the unity of strength and peace. Embrace the moment and feel the tranquility.
Be sure to check out the video to see a demonstration of how these Pilates exercises are performed on your Total Gym.
Stay tuned for the grand finale (Part 4), where we wrap up our heartfelt holiday series journey with a focus on HARMONY, ensuring your Total Gym experience is a symphony of strength, joy, peace, and balance.
IG | FB | YouTube: @groovysweat
#Heartfelt #Holiday #Fitness #Peaceful #Pilates #Total #Gym #Workout