Our client is a family-owned company committed to providing the freshest, most wholesome dairy products. Their plant of 90+ employees is based outside of the Phoenix area. Quality Technicians play an integral role in our client’s mission of providing our consumers high quality, great tasting products. They seek motivated individuals who have strong problem solving/analytical skills, are adaptable, and exhibit a strong desire to learn and grow. While managing a 24/7 production operation, the Quality Team strives to provide a work-life balance. Work with state-of-the-art equipment where there are opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Quality Technicians are responsible for completing all documentation and data entry associated with the receipt, handling and analysis of all samples and results. Technicians will frequently collaborate and problem solve with Maintenance, Packaging, Replenishment, Processing, and Leadership.
Quality Technicians are expected to interpret production schedules to anticipate sample load and adjust accordingly, ensuring that adequate time and supplies are available. Product testing includes fat, total solids, pH, viscosity, protein, aerobic plate counts, coliform counts, yeast & mold counts, and antibiotic residue testing.
- Pulls, records, and labels finished product samples as required for immediate testing, and various shelf-life evaluations
- Verifies product labeling and code dates
- Performs sensory analysis on finished product, which includes grading sour cream and cottage cheese
- Operates laboratory equipment, performing calibrations as required by SOP and troubleshooting when necessary
- Communicates crucial product evaluation results to management as specified by SOPs
- Additional finished product samples are pulled to monitor quality and comply with standardized shelf-life testing and retention programs
- Vendor supply management and quarterly vendor scorecard communication
- Responsible for pest control management program
- Performs all microbiological testing on all raw, in-process, and finished product samples
- Communicates crucial testing results to management in accordance with pre-determined specifications
- Further testing requirements include water, environmental monitoring, and special project testing
- Maintains company LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) by performing daily data entry of sample identification and results
- Maintains product hold and release program
- Verifies supply inventories, restocks or prepares supplies as needed
- Records, reviews and validates other records throughout the facility for compliance
- GMP audits, State Inspection and Customer Audit prep
- Maintains organization and cleanliness within the laboratory
- Shall perform any other duties as assigned by their supervisor or management
- The ideal candidate will have a technical degree with a focus on science.
- 3-5 years of related lab experience.
- Ability to prioritize duties and efficiently manage time.
- Ability to read SOPs and methods manuals; comprehend and follow directions therein in order to comply with analytical, quality control and regulatory requirements and product specifications.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations and data entry procedures.
- Ability to lift 30 to 50lbs, bend, squat, kneel, walk and stand for long periods.
Benefits package that includes:
- A no-deductible, $0 premium option for employee-only health coverage.
- 401(k) with 50% company match on first 8% of earnings you contribute.
- Safe harbor and profit-sharing company contributions to 401(k).
- Company paid short- and long-term disability coverage.
- Company paid 2X annual salary life and AD&D insurance.
- 4 weeks annual paid time off.
- Extra time off for volunteering.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Fitness membership reimbursement.
All Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.