Guess what makes these Banana Snickerdoodle Bars so good? It’s the ripe bananas that make them super soft and just the right kind of sweet. And when you bite into them, you get that amazing sugary crunch on top!
Being vegan doesn’t have to mean giving up your favorite treats. And here’s the best part: they’re so easy to whip up.
Just grab a bowl and a mixer, mix everything, and pop it in the oven. Yup…that’s right, you’ll have a batch of these yummy bars ready in no time.
This recipe brings together the creamy taste of bananas with a sweet, sugary top, just like your favorite snickerdoodle cookies.
Once you try these bars, you’ll see why they’re so great. They’re not just for special occasions – you’ll want to enjoy the deliciousness of them all the time without the hassle.
BANANA SNICKERDOODLE BARS – WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- With just a few simple steps, you can serve these bars as a wonderful dessert for friends and family.
- You can easily freeze these bars and use them later; they’re just as delicious when thawed.
- A sure hit at any gathering, these bars will be the new favorite of your food-loving friends.
- Bake a batch at the start of the week, and you’ll have a ready-to-go, tasty snack or a quick breakfast option for busy mornings.
Yields: 16 pieces | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Bake Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2/3 cup/160g banana, mashed (about 2 small)
- 1/3 cup/67g coconut oil, soft but not melted
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp/77g granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp/77g light brown sugar
- 2 tsp/10ml vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups/180g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp/4g baking powder
- ½ tsp/1g ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp/ ½ g ground nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
Cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1 ½ tbsp/19g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp/2g ground cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE BANANA SNICKERDOODLE BARS
1. Grease and line an 8” x 8”/20 x 20cm baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350° F/175C. In a large bowl, combine banana, coconut oil, and sugar.
2. Beat on medium speed with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and pale.
3. Add the vanilla, ½ tsp/1g cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until incorporated.
4. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat on low until combined. The batter will be very thick.
5. Pour into prepared baking pan, spreading to the edges and into an even layer.
6. Combine 1 ½ tbsp/19g granulated sugar and 1 tsp/2g cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir to blend. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of the batter until the entire surface is coated evenly.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes, until just first to the touch and lightly golden brown at the edges.
8. Check with the skewer method, once cooked, remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely before cutting.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to come to room temperature before eating.
TIPS, VARIATIONS, AND SUBSTITUTIONS
🍌 Vegan Butter: For a richer taste, replace coconut oil with vegan unsalted butter. This will give your bars a buttery flavor without altering the sweetness.
🍌 Chopped walnuts or pecans: If you’re a fan of banana bread, try adding chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter for a nutty twist.
🍌 Raisins, cranberries, or chopped dates: Experiment with adding small pieces of dried fruit like raisins, cranberries, or chopped dates for a burst of natural sweetness and varied texture.
🍌 Cinnamon and nutmeg: Apart from cinnamon and nutmeg, try incorporating spices like allspice or pumpkin spice for a seasonal twist on the classic Snickerdoodle taste.
🍌 Lemon or orange zest: Grate some lemon or orange zest into the batter for a refreshing twist, enhancing the comfort food experience.
HOW TO STORE
Proper storage is key to maintaining the freshness and flavor of your Banana Snickerdoodle Bars. Here are some tips for storing them:
- For longer storage, place the bars in a sealed container in the fridge.
- They can last up to 3 days when refrigerated.
- This is especially helpful in warmer climates or during hot summer months.
- Wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap or place them in a single layer in a freezer-safe bag or container.
- They can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To enjoy, simply thaw the bars at room temperature or in the refrigerator before serving.
- If you prefer them warm, gently reheat in the microwave for a few seconds or in the oven at a low temperature until just warm.
- If storing in the refrigerator or freezer, let the bars come to room temperature before opening the container. This prevents condensation from making them soggy.
- It’s a good idea to label your storage container with the date you made the bars, so you’ll know how long they’ve been stored.
By following these storage tips, your Banana Snickerdoodle Bars will remain delicious and ready to enjoy whenever you’re in the mood for a sweet, comforting treat.
OTHER BANANA RECIPES
If you love these Banana Snickerdoodle Bars and are looking for more delicious ways to use bananas, check out these recipes:
🍌 Oven-Baked Banana Pancakes – Perfect for a leisurely breakfast or brunch, these pancakes are fluffy, egg-free, and baked to perfection.
🍌 Vegan Banana Bread – This is a great way to use up overripe bananas and fill your kitchen with a comforting aroma.
🍌 Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie – A refreshing and healthy smoothie that combines the sweetness of bananas with the tartness of blackberries and strawberries.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I MAKE THESE BARS GLUTEN-FREE?
Yes! Simply replace the all-purpose flour with your preferred gluten-free flour blend. This substitution works well and maintains the delicious texture of the banana bars.
HOW DO I CHECK IF THE BARS ARE FULLY BAKED?
Use the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick into the center of the bars; if it comes out clean, they’re ready. This method is a reliable way to ensure your bars are perfectly baked.
HOW CAN I MAKE THESE BARS MORE PROTEIN-RICH?
To increase the protein content, consider adding a scoop of your favorite protein powder or using almond flour in place of some all-purpose flour.
HOW CAN I ENSURE THE BARS HAVE A MOIST TEXTURE?
To guarantee moistness, do not overbake the bars. Bake just until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Also, using ripe bananas is key, as they add natural moisture and sweetness to the bars.
CAN THESE BARS BE MADE IN DIFFERENT SIZES OR SHAPES?
Yes, you can be creative with the sizes and shapes. Use different baking pans for thinner or thicker bars, or even use cookie cutters after baking to create fun shapes. Just adjust the baking time accordingly for smaller or larger formats.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Note: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to come to room temperature before eating.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbohydrates: 11g
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.