The Best of 2023: Strength and Conditioning Articles
Written on December 25, 2023 at 6:22 pm, by Eric Cressey
With 2023 winding down, I’m using this last week of the year to direct you to some of the most popular content of the past 12 months at EricCressey.com. Today, we start with the most popular articles of the years. Admittedly, I’ve shifted away from long-form written content and more to videos over the years (so they aren’t really articles), but content is content!
1. Exercise of the Week: Acumobility Ball on Quadratus Lumborum – I posted five years ago about how to use the Acumobility Ball for upper body health, so it seems long overdue for me to share one of the ways we’re using it a bit further down the chain: on quadratus lumborum (QL). Here’s a quick video tutorial, plus the rationale for it.
2. Our Favorite 3D Strap Drills– We use the 3D Strap a ton with our athletes, so Cressey Sports Performance – MA coach Ethan Dyer and I put our heads together to record a few of our top drills to share with a larger audience. Here are Part 1 and Part 2.
3. I Use This Every Single Day. – This is a cool story of the origins of AG1 (formerly Athletic Greens) – and it also speaks to some of the concerning trends in the supplement industry as a whole.
4. Elbow-Supported Dumbbell External Rotations: Do or Don’t? – The elbow-supported dumbbell external rotation is a pretty common exercise in strength and conditioning circles, but does it hold value for overhead throwing populations? In this video, I answer that question.
5. Hand Size, Anatomy, and Tissue Extensibility – The hands don’t get nearly enough attention in the strength and conditioning and sports medicine worlds. Hopefully, this article helps to change that.
I’ll be back soon with another “Best of 2023” feature. Up next, the top guest posts of the year!
Sign-up Today for our FREE Newsletter and receive a four-part video series on how to deadlift!