I instantly fell in love with this super easy and utterly delicious Creamy Vegetable Soup, and I’m sure you’re going to fall in love too. What’s great about this recipe is how it brings together simple ingredients to create something truly special.
Packed with the goodness of pumpkin and cauliflower and spiced to perfection, this soup is not just tasty but also incredibly nourishing. It’s easy enough for a weeknight dinner but also impressive enough to serve to guests!
This soup is perfect for those days when you need a little extra warmth and goodness in your life. Hence, if you’re in the mood for something that’s both comforting and healthy, this amazing recipe is the answer!
VEGAN CREAMY Golden VEGETABLE SOUP – WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This soup is simple to make, perfect for a busy weeknight or a lazy weekend.
- You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand, making it a versatile recipe for any season.
- Seasoned with salt, cumin, cinnamon, and fennel seeds, each spoonful is aromatic and fragrant.
- This soup is hearty enough to be a meal on its own, especially when served with crusty bread or croutons.
- Loaded with pumpkin, cauliflower, and you can easily add carrots, celery, or broccoli for an extra veggie boost.
- Enjoy the creaminess of coconut milk combined with the earthy sweetness of pumpkin and the subtle crunch of cauliflower.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGAN CREAMY VEGETABLE SOUP
This recipe yields 2 to 3 mains or 4 starters | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 2 heaping cup Pumpkin (Peeled and diced)
- 2 heaping cup Cauliflower florets
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (Peeled and diced)
- 2 tbsp Minced ginger
- 2 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut milk or cream
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice (Optional)
- Chopped chive for garnish (Optional)
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CREAMY VEGETABLE SOUP
- Saute the onion, minced ginger, and diced pumpkin in a pan with olive oil.
- Add vegetable broth, cauliflower florets, spices, and salt, and bring it to a boil.
- Turn it down to low and let it simmer for 25-30 mins. Cook until the vegetables become soft.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Add coconut milk and lemon juice, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
TIPS, VARIATIONS, AND SUBSTITUTIONS
🥣 Carrots, celery, broccoli, or kale – Feel free to add extra veggies like carrots, celery, or broccoli for more nutrition and flavor. Kale can also be a great addition for a green boost.
🥣 Red pepper flakes or chili – For a bit of heat, sprinkle in some red pepper flakes or chili while cooking. This will give the soup a nice, warm kick.
🥣 Oat milk or full-fat coconut milk – If you prefer a lighter version, replace coconut milk with oat milk. For a richer soup, full-fat coconut milk or even a splash of half-and-half can be used.
🥣 Thyme or rosemary – Add herbs like thyme or rosemary for an extra layer of flavor. Fresh herbs can be more fragrant and aromatic.
🥣 White beans or cannellini – To make the soup more filling, consider adding white beans or cannellini. They blend well and add a nice protein boost.
🥣 Crusty bread, crackers, or croutons – Serve with a side of crusty bread, crackers, or croutons for added crunch and satisfaction.
HOW TO STORE VEGAN CREAMY VEGETABLE SOUP
Storing this Vegan Creamy Vegetable Soup is easy and ensures you can enjoy its comforting flavors even on your busiest days.
Here’s how to keep it fresh and delicious:
- Refrigeration: After the soup cools down, transfer it to an airtight container. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. This method is ideal for keeping the soup fresh while retaining the texture of the vegetables.
- Freezing: This soup freezes wonderfully. Pour it into freezer-safe containers, leaving a little space at the top as the soup will expand when frozen. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To use, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Freeze in Portions: For convenience, freeze the soup in individual serving sizes. This way, you can thaw and reheat only what you need, which is perfect for a quick meal.
- Reheating: When you’re ready to enjoy it again, simply reheat the soup in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. If the soup has thickened, add a bit of water or vegetable broth to regain the desired consistency. Remember to stir occasionally to ensure even heating.
- Adjusting Seasonings: Upon reheating, you might want to adjust seasonings, such as salt and pepper, to taste. Sometimes flavors mellow after storing, so a little extra seasoning can revive the soup.
MORE VEGAN SOUP RECIPES
If you’re a soup lover or want to explore more delicious and comforting vegan soups, here’s a list of recipes that are sure to satisfy your cravings:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I USE DIFFERENT VEGETABLES IN THIS SOUP?
Absolutely! This recipe is versatile, so feel free to add potatoes, carrots, or any other veggies you probably already have on hand. It’s the perfect way to use up what’s in your fridge.
WHAT ARE SOME PROTEIN OPTIONS FOR THIS VEGAN SOUP?
To add protein to this vegan soup, consider incorporating legumes like lentils, and chickpeas, or additional beans such as black beans or kidney beans. These not only boost the protein content but also enhance the soup’s texture and heartiness.
HOW CAN I THICKEN THE SOUP IF IT’S TOO RUNNY?
If you prefer a thicker consistency, you can blend the soup a bit more or add a small amount of cornstarch mixed with water. Alternatively, leaving the soup to simmer a bit longer can help it thicken naturally.
CAN THIS SOUP BE MADE IN A SLOW COOKER?
Yes, this soup can easily be adapted for a slow cooker. Simply add all the ingredients except for the coconut milk to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Blend and add the coconut milk before serving.
WHAT ARE SOME GLUTEN-FREE SIDES TO PAIR WITH THIS SOUP?
For gluten-free side options, consider serving this soup with gluten-free bread, a side of quinoa salad, or a simple green salad. Rice cakes or gluten-free crackers are also great choices.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE FROZEN VEGETABLES INSTEAD OF FRESH?
Absolutely! Frozen vegetables are a convenient and equally nutritious alternative to fresh vegetables in this soup. They can be added directly to the pot without the need to thaw.
Sign Up to Joyful Dumplings!
Subscribe to our mailing list and join our community!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.