This incredibly creamy vegan whipped feta dip takes less than 10 minutes to make and is an easy appetizer option for gatherings. Even non-vegan friends and family will love this easy vegan dip!
Now that I’ve been vegan for a few years, I know now that I shouldn’t show up to any parties empty handed. Although hummus is great and all, sometimes I like to be able to snack on something a little more exciting. I’ve been working on a few different dip recipes over the years like this roasted red pepper dip and now this vegan whipped feta dip. I had been seeing whipped feta a lot on social media, so I decided to make a vegan version with plant-based ingredients – it turned out so well!
Speaking of parties, did you know that it is easy to make vegan pigs in a blanket? A lot of store-bought canned biscuit dough is accidentally vegan. We also love taking these cream cheese stuffed peppers to parties – just us a non-dairy cream cheese to make it plant-based.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Vegan Feta Cheese: my favorite brand of vegan feta for this dip is VioLife, but use whichever brand you prefer. Try to use a vegan feta that comes in a block rather than crumbled since the block-style has more moisture and will puree into a creamier dip.
- Vegan Yogurt: use a plain, unsweetened vegan yogurt for this dip. Since it is a savory dip, you want to avoid any yogurts what are pre-sweetened. The yogurt adds extra creaminess and helps the feta blend better.
- Olive Oil: a bit of olive oil helps smooth out the dip and adds a fruity depth of flavor.
- Lemon: a bit of fresh lemon juice brightens up this dip and cuts through some of the richness from the feta. Use freshly squeezed lemon juice rather than bottled juice for the best flavor.
- Pomegranate & pistachios: I really like this combination as a topping for both a pop of color as well as satisfying crunch.
How to Make Whipped Vegan Feta
To make this dip, add all of the whipped feta ingredients (feta, yogurt, olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper) to a blender cup or food processor and puree until smooth. I usually need to stop it once or twice to scrape down the sides and make sure everything mixes well. If you need to thin it to a little, add a couple extra tablespoons of yogurt to get the dip moving again in the blender.
Add this creamy dip to a serving bowl and top with chopped pistachios, pomegranate arils, maple syrup, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, black pepper, and lemon zest.
- Use block-style vegan feta: using a block-style feta instead of a crumbled vegan feta will give your feta dip a smoother texture. My go-to brand for store-bought vegan feta is Violife.
- Use high-quality olive oil: since there aren’t many ingredients in this vegan feta dip, you want to use high-quality ingredients. A nicer extra virgin olive oil will have a fruity flavor (rather than bitter).
- Serve immediately: this is best served right away, but you can refrigerate leftover feta dip in an airtight to use later. The feta dip recipe does firm up with chilling, but will soften if you leave it out for a few minutes on the counter.
What to Serve with Vegan Whipped Feta
There are so many great options for how to serve this easy appetizer recipe. We love to serve this delicious dip with some fresh chopped veggies or bread. It’s also great with a sturdy cracker or pita chips. Here are a few other options for topping or serving this creamy whipped feta dip:
- Crostini: spread this vegan whipped feta dip onto crostini and top with fresh fruit or sliced tomato. For the holidays this year, I did a crostini with this feta dip, sliced pears, pistachios, arugula, and a drizzle of maple syrup – so good!
- Elevated Toast: I’ve spread this feta dip onto toast with some thick sliced heirloom tomato for a delicious and easy breakfast option perfect for the summer.
- Spice it Up: add some mediterranean flavor by topping your feta dip with some olive oil and a sprinkle of Aleppo pepper, dukkah or za’atar. It’s also delicious with some fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley, dill, or basil.
- Top with Roasted Veggies: Spread the whipped feta onto the bottom of a serving dish and top with roasted vegetables for a delicious side dish.
- Flatbread: add this feta dip to a flatbread or naan for a delicious grilled pizza in the summer.
More Vegan Appetizer Recipes
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Vegan Whipped Feta Dip
This incredibly creamy vegan whipped feta dip takes less than 10 minutes to make and is an easy appetizer option for gatherings. Even non-vegan friends and family will love this one!
Prevent your screen from going dark
Add the feta, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a food processor or blender cup and puree until smooth. If you need to thin it a little, add a tablespoon or two of yogurt.
Add to a bowl and top with pistachios, pomegranate, maple syrup, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and lemon zest.
Serve with crostini, pita, or crackers.
Other serving suggestions: add to toast, use whipped feta on crostini and top with sliced pear and chopped pistachios.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 2mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 0.2IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.03mg