Which plant-based diet is best?

selective focus photo of pile of assorted title books

written by Nina Shantel, July 23, 2023, blog: RealDietHelp.com, published December 5th, 2023

The best plant-based diet is obviously one you’ll stick to, but it also depends on your goals, disease(s), or health condition(s). I take into consideration all these aspects when determining which plant-based diet to recommend to my clients.

I have a certification in Fitness Nutrition, and am a Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Strength and Fitness Coach, and a Certified Plant-based Grassroots Ambassador. I also am a published author; one of my books, The High-Five Diet, goes into detail about the benefits of a plant-based diet and includes my favorite plant-based, oil-free, sugar-free, vegan recipes.

If you prefer to watch a video on this topic instead of reading this blog post, press the red play button on the YouTube video I created below:

If a person is resistant to changing their diet, and enjoys eating bread and pasta, then I recommend they try Dr. McDougall’s Starch Solution diet.

The Starch Solution is easier to transition to because favorite foods can be easily transformed and recreated. Sugar, wheat, gluten, and salt are permitted to make the food taste delicious. The focus of the Starch Solution is to incorporate high amounts of starches such as corn, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and beans, to ensure the person eats enough calories and feels satisfied.

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases

If a person is not able to lose weight, and/or still has symptoms, I encourage a more restrictive and healthier low-fat, plant-based vegan diet, such as mine, The High-Five Diet, and others, such as Mastering Diabetes (high in fruit), Fiber Fueled, Dr. Michael Greger’s books (no added salt), Dr. Neil Barnard’s books, Esselstyn’s Plant-Strong (high in leafy greens), or any other plant-based vegan diet that is low-fat, low in added sodium, limits or restricts sugars, is oil-free, and focuses on whole-plant foods. The above whole-food plant-based diets recommend eating salads and flax or chia seeds daily due to their high omega 3 benefits.

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases

Some people are not able to function properly, are in severe pain, and still have serious medical issues than cannot be resolved, even after years of following a strict low-fat, plant-based, cooked vegan diet; therefore, for those individuals, I recommend they try Dr. Brooke Goldner’s high-fat, raw vegan, autoimmune reversal GAIP protocol. The healthy fats in Dr. Brooke Goldner’s protocol are from avocado, flax seeds, chia seeds and/or flax oil.

Individuals who follow Dr. Brooke Goldner’s high-fat, raw vegan autoimmune reversal GAIP protocol (and don’t cheat), have fast reversal of some symptoms, and other (stubborn) symptoms resolve over time. Some individuals can get complete recovery on Dr. Brooke Goldner’s GAIP protocol as quickly as six weeks.

Dr. Brooke Goldner’s 100% raw vegan diet protocol is better described as a detox program because after someone has no more symptoms and their labs are clear, meaning they have no detectable autoimmune antibodies found in test results, a step-down process, where cooked foods, such as beans, grains, and potatoes can be added back to the diet, one at a time.

Once a person is well, and has no symptoms, they can continue a 100% raw vegan diet based on Dr. Brooke Goldner’s guidelines, or they can transition to a high-raw vegan diet, where 75% of the food is raw and the remaining 25% is from cooked plant foods.

The three best plant-based vegan diets I recommend for people who have diabetes, Lupus, RA, heart disease, high blood pressure and many other health conditions and diseases are:

1. The Starch Solution by Dr. John McDougall (best for picky eaters and those who don’t want to give up pasta or bread)

2. A low-fat plant-based vegan diet without oil or sugar; which limits processed foods, includes flax or chia seeds, and encourages green leafy vegetables (best for Type-2 diabetics, and people who can commit to a clean vegan diet and don’t have an autoimmune condition)

3. Dr. Brooke Goldner’s GAIP, 100% raw vegan diet (best for Type-1 diabetics and those who have an autoimmune condition or disease)

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this post is located on any other website other than mine, which is RealDietHelp.com, it’s been unauthorized, plagiarized (copied without my permission). The other social media sites where my articles and videos are approved to be published are on my YouTube channel (Nina’s Nutrition & Exercise Videos), my Fit Girl Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheHighFiveDiet/ and my Twitter account https://twitter.com/medairyfree

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *